Friday, January 30, 2009

Slumdog Millionaire

The most anticipated movie of the year. Even before it hit the big screens in the country it had won a bagfull of awards. As an Indian the best of all was A.R.Rahman winning the Golden Globe.
Coming back to the movie, I had a copy of DVD atleast a month back. But I definitely wanted to watch the movie in the big screen. Since the movie was expected so much I got my turn of tickets only for last Monday. More the time more the expectation.
The movie was good, I understood only a part of it (which generally happens when I watch other language's movies), then playing my DVDs many times I understood the movie. The movie ended as everyone expected.
The best part of the movie was its screenplay - I was astonished by the way it was screenplayed.
But there were few questions,that arose in me. I was forced to answer the following questions:
Is this the best movie I ever watched?
No!
Is the best masterpiece of AR Rahman?
No.
There are still more questions like this,I wanted to know why this movie has won so many awards, without taking away the credit from Danny and Rahman for their splendid work in their respective departments.
I was not able to stop thinking about what Big Bachan had spoken about the movie, I felt a part of it is correct.
"Only a Part of it !!"

No comments:

Post a Comment